Thursday, July 21, 2011

Reader's Block

So! I think I have reader's block. I don't know if this is something all avid readers suffer from from time to time, but I do! I have a new book to review that has been sitting on my island for a week now. I pick it up every now and then, but I can't seem to get started. I've suffered this before. I went ages without reading. It's like going without ice cream or oxygen; it just doesn't feel right, but I can't seem to get over it! I've been thinking about a way to end it sooner; to overcome the "block." This is what I decided; reader's block is like writer's block. Sometimes a writer just can't write. Sometimes they know why, sometimes not. Every writer has to have a way to overcome it that works for them. I've been trying to come up with a way to cure my reader's block. I've decided the only way to get back in the swing is to dive into a book I already know I love. I'm a firm believer in the notion that the only book worth reading once is the book worth reading twice, so I'm going to start rereading an old fave and see if that gets me back on the horse...it's worth a shot!
Just throwin' it out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment