Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Place Called Blessing: Where Hurting Ends and Love Begins

I just finished "A Place Called Blessing." I had never heard of this author or the book before downloading it this afternoon. I was attracted to it because of the book description. The story is told in first person by it's main character, Josh.  Josh suffered a rough childhood and became orphaned, along with his two older brothers by the time he was four.  He recounts his experiences matter-of-factly leading up to a tragedy when he was six that forever changed his life and set him on a course for isolation and self dependence.  Fate intervened when he was nineteen and through the unconditional love and acceptance of complete strangers, Josh's world became one that was on the verge of normal for the first time in his life.  This is a beautifully told story told in a very conversational style.  It was a very easy and quick read. That is not to say, however, that it won't touch you deeply and will hopefully stir in your heart what it means to "bless" someone else.  This book gives a picture of a family living out Christ's love for us in a very real and practical way and I am glad it came my way.

Full Disclosure: This book was given to me through Book Sneeze and I, in return, must provide an honest feedback of my opinions and thoughts about this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment